How To Cook Steak On The Stove Medium Rare
All you need to know about: How To Cook Steak On The Stove Medium Rare.
2 (1-inch thick) steaks
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Begin by taking the steaks out of the refrigerator and letting them reach room temperature, about 20 minutes before cooking.
2. Preheat a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel and season the steaks generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
4. Add the olive oil to the pan and swirl it to coat the pan.
5. Once the oil is hot, add the steaks to the pan and let them cook for 3 minutes.
6. Flip the steaks and cook for another 3 minutes.
7. To check if the steak is medium rare, insert an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of the steak. The steak should read between 125-130°F (52-54°C).
8. Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips for Cooking Steak:
• Use a good quality cut of steak for the best flavor.
• Preheat the pan well before adding the steaks.
• Don’t forget to let the steak rest before serving.
• Don’t overcook the steak; it’s best served medium rare.
• If you’d like your steak cooked more, turn up the heat and cook for a few minutes more.