How To Cook Steak In A Cast Iron Skillet
All you need to know about: How To Cook Steak In A Cast Iron Skillet.
2 steaks of your choice (ribeye, sirloin, or filet mignon are all great options)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of cooking oil (vegetable, peanut, or canola oil all work well)
1. Heat your cast-iron skillet over high heat for about 5 minutes.
2. Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel, then season them with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Add the cooking oil to the skillet and let it heat up for a few minutes.
4. Place the steaks in the skillet and let them cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
5. After each side has cooked for 3-4 minutes, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Remove the steaks from the skillet and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.