How To Cook Medium Rare Steak On Stove
All you need to know about: How To Cook Medium Rare Steak On Stove.
– 2 steaks
– Olive oil
1. Take the steaks out of the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature.
2. Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
5. Once the oil is hot, place the steaks in the pan. Cook the steaks for three minutes on each side.
6. After the six minutes, reduce the heat to low and add a tablespoon of butter to the pan.
7. Gently tilt the pan and use a spoon to baste the steaks with the butter.
8. Cook for an additional two minutes on each side.
9. Remove the steaks from the pan and allow them to rest for five minutes before serving.
– Make sure the skillet is hot before adding the steaks.
– Do not press down on the steaks while cooking, as this will press out the juices.
– If you are unsure of your steak’s doneness, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Medium-rare is 135°F.