How To Cook Medium Steak
All you need to know about: How To Cook Medium Steak.
1 (12-16 ounce) steak of your choice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1. Start by bringing your steak to room temperature. Remove it from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Heat a large skillet over high heat. When the pan is hot, season both sides of the steak generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Add the olive oil and butter to the pan and swirl it around to combine.
5. Place the steak in the hot skillet and let it cook for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and let it cook for 7-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the steak and your desired doneness.
7. Remove the steak from the oven and transfer it to a cutting board. Let it rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.