How To Cook Bison Steak
All you need to know about: How To Cook Bison Steak.
1 lb bison steak, cut to desired thickness
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter to the skillet and let it melt.
3. Add the steak to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Let the steak cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until it reaches your desired doneness.
4. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and let it cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the steak is cooked through.
5. Remove the skillet from the oven and let the steak rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Bison steak is leaner than beef and has a rich, gamey flavor. For the best results, cook bison steak to medium-rare and no more. Overcooking will result in a dry, tough steak.
When searing the steak, make sure to use a cast-iron skillet. This will help to create a nice, seared crust on the steak.