How To Cook A Top Round Steak
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Top Round Steak.
-Top round steak
-Salt, pepper, and other seasonings of your choice
-1 tablespoon of oil
-1 cup of beef stock
-1 tablespoon of butter
-1/4 cup of red wine (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Pat the steak dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt, pepper, and other seasonings, if using.
3. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
4. Place the steak in the skillet and sear for 4 minutes, or until a golden-brown crust forms. Flip, and sear for another 4 minutes.
5. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the steak to a plate.
7. Add the beef stock and red wine (if using) to the skillet. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
8. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced by half.
9. Add the butter and stir until melted.
10. Return the steak to the skillet and spoon the sauce over it. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the steak is cooked to your desired doneness.
11. Slice the steak against the grain and serve with the sauce. Enjoy!