How To Cook A Top Sirloin Steak
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Top Sirloin Steak.
1 top sirloin steak (1-1.5 inches thick)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place a cast-iron skillet or oven-safe skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
2. Take the steak out of the refrigerator and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
3. Pat the steak dry with a paper towel. Rub the steak with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the steak in the skillet and sear for about 1 minute on each side.
5. Add the butter, garlic, and any other seasonings you desire to the pan.
6. Cook the steak for a few minutes, flipping it occasionally.
7. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook for 3-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the steak.
8. Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
– Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak, as this can help you determine when it is done.
– For medium-rare steak, the internal temperature should be 145 degrees F, and for medium steak it should be 160 degrees F.
– If you prefer your steak to be cooked more or less, adjust the cooking time accordingly.
– Letting the steak rest after cooking allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, making it more tender and juicy.