How To Cook A Steak Medium Rare On Stove
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Steak Medium Rare On Stove.
-1 steak of desired thickness
-1 tablespoon oil (coconut, vegetable, or olive)
-Salt and pepper
1. Preheat a heavy skillet (cast iron is ideal) over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
2. Pat the steak dry with paper towels and season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
3. Add the oil to the skillet and heat until it begins to shimmer.
4. Place the steak in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
6. Check the temperature of the steak with an instant-read thermometer. The steak should be 130-135°F for medium-rare.
7. Remove the steak from the skillet and transfer it to a plate. Let it rest for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
8. (Optional) Add butter to the skillet and spoon it over the steak for added flavor.