How To Cook A Steak On A Cast Iron Skillet
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Steak On A Cast Iron Skillet.
– 1 steak of choice (ribeye, NY strip, filet mignon, etc.)
– 1 tablespoon of oil (any neutral-flavored oil, such as vegetable or canola)
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
2. Heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the oil to the pan and let it heat up.
3. Pat the steak dry with a paper towel and season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Place the steak in the hot skillet and let it cook for 3 minutes without moving it.
5. Flip the steak and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and let it cook for about 10-14 minutes.
7. Use a thermometer to check the steak’s internal temperature. For medium-rare, the temperature should be 130°F (54°C); for medium, 135°F (57°C); for medium-well, 145°F (63°C).
8. When the steak is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.