How To Cook A Steak In A Pan Medium-Rare
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Steak In A Pan Medium-Rare.
– 1 steak
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Remove the steak from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and add the butter and vegetable oil.
3. Sprinkle both sides of the steak generously with salt and pepper.
4. When the fat has melted, carefully place the steak in the pan.
5. Cook the steak for 3 minutes without moving it.
6. Turn the steak over and continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes.
7. Turn the heat down to medium and continue to cook for about 4 minutes for medium-rare steak, or until the desired level of doneness is reached.
8. Use tongs to move the steak around in the pan and ensure that it cooks evenly.
9. When the steak is cooked to your desired doneness, remove it from the pan and transfer it to a cutting board.
10. Allow the steak to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.