How To Cook A Cowboy Steak
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Cowboy Steak.
1. Preheat your grill to 500°F.
2. Wash the steak with warm water and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Rub the steak with oil and season with your choice of spices. A classic seasoning for a cowboy steak would be a combination of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
4. Place the steak on the preheated grill.
5. Grill the steak for 3 minutes on each side for a medium-rare steak. If you prefer your steak more well done, cook for an additional minutes on each side.
6. Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
7. Slice the steak against the grain and serve.
1. When grilling steak, it’s important to keep the lid of the grill closed as much as possible. This will help the steak cook evenly and lock in moisture.
2. The steak will continue to cook after you remove it from the grill, so it’s important to let it rest so that it doesn’t overcook.
3. If you don’t have a grill, you can also cook a cowboy steak in a cast iron skillet. Preheat the skillet to medium-high heat and cook the steak for 4 minutes on each side.