How To Cook Pot Roast In Instant Pot
All you need to know about: How To Cook Pot Roast In Instant Pot.
1. Prepare the Pot Roast: Pat the pot roast dry with paper towels, then season it with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Heat the Instant Pot: Select the “Sauté” mode on the Instant Pot and add 2 tablespoons of oil.
3. Brown the Pot Roast: When the oil is hot, add the pot roast to the Instant Pot and brown for about 5 minutes. Flip the pot roast over and brown the other side for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Add Aromatics and Liquid: Add 1 chopped onion, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 2 cups of beef broth, and 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce to the Instant Pot.
5. Pressure Cook the Pot Roast: Secure the lid to the Instant Pot, select “Manual” mode, and set the timer for 45 minutes. When the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release naturally (about 15 minutes).
6. Finish the Pot Roast: Once the pressure has released, remove the lid from the Instant Pot. Slice the pot roast into thick slices, then serve with the sauce from the Instant Pot.
– If you’d like to add more flavor to the pot roast, you can add a few sprigs of fresh thyme or rosemary to the Instant Pot.
– You can also add 1 cup of carrots or potatoes to the Instant Pot for a complete meal.
– If you want the sauce to be thicker, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water and add it to the Instant Pot. Mix it in and let it simmer until it thickens.