How To Cook A Turkey In A Roaster
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Turkey In A Roaster.
1 (12-14 pound) fresh or frozen turkey
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Remove the neck and giblets from the turkey and discard. Rinse the turkey inside and out with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Place the turkey in a roasting pan.
4. In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, sage, and rosemary.
5. Rub the seasoning mixture over the entire turkey, including the inside of the cavity.
6. Pour the melted butter over the turkey and use your hands to rub it into the skin.
7. Place the turkey in the preheated oven, breast side up.
8. Roast the turkey for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the thigh reaches 180 degrees F.
9. Baste the turkey with the pan juices every 30 minutes.
10. Remove the turkey from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.