How To Cook A Turkey In A Roaster Oven
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Turkey In A Roaster Oven.
1 (12 pound) turkey
1/2 cup of butter
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1. Preheat your roaster oven to 325°F.
2. Remove the giblets and neck from inside the turkey cavities.
3. Rinse the turkey off with cold water. Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
4. Place the turkey onto the roasting rack in the roaster oven.
5. Rub the butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder all over the turkey.
6. Cover the roaster oven with the lid and cook the turkey for 2 1/2 hours.
7. Remove the lid and check the internal temperature of the turkey with a meat thermometer. The temperature should be at least 160°F.
8. If the turkey is not done, cover the roaster oven and continue cooking until the turkey reaches the correct temperature.
9. Once the turkey is done, remove it from the roaster oven and place it onto a serving platter. Allow it to rest for 15 minutes before carving.