How To Cook Sticky Rice
All you need to know about: How To Cook Sticky Rice.
-1 cup of long-grain sticky rice
-2 cups of water
1. Start by washing the sticky rice. Place the rice in a bowl and fill it with cold water. Swirl the rice around with your fingers and then pour the water off. Repeat this process until the water runs clear.
2. Place the washed rice in a saucepan and add 2 cups of cold water. Place the saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat and bring the water to a rolling boil.
3. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan with a lid. Simmer the rice for 8 minutes.
4. After 8 minutes, turn off the heat and let the rice sit for 10 minutes. Do not remove the lid.
5. After the 10 minutes, remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Serve the sticky rice warm. Enjoy!
-For extra flavor, add a pinch of salt to the boiling water before adding the rice.
-For best results, use a heavy-bottomed saucepan when cooking the rice.
-If the rice is undercooked after the 10 minutes, add a few tablespoons of water and return the lid. Let sit for an additional 5 minutes before serving.