How To Cook Rice For Sushi
All you need to know about: How To Cook Rice For Sushi.
2 cups of sushi rice
1. Rinse the sushi rice 2-3 times until the water runs clear.
2. Add the rinsed sushi rice to a medium-sized pot along with 2 1/4 cups of water.
3. Place the pot on the stove over high heat and bring the water to a boil.
4. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with a lid, and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, turn off the heat, but keep the lid on the pot. Let the rice sit for 10 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes, remove the lid and fluff the rice with a spoon.
7. Allow the rice to cool completely before using it in your sushi rolls.
• Be sure to use sushi rice specifically, as it is a short grain rice.
• For a delicious flavor, use rice vinegar instead of water when cooking the rice.
• If you plan on making a lot of sushi, consider investing in a sushi rice cooker for perfectly cooked rice every time.
• Keep the cooked sushi rice in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.