How To Cook Quinoa In A Rice Cooker
All you need to know about: How To Cook Quinoa In A Rice Cooker.
1 cup of quinoa
2 cups of water
1. Measure 1 cup of quinoa into the rice cooker. If you are using a larger rice cooker, you can increase the amount of quinoa you use.
2. Rinse the quinoa under cold running water. This helps to remove any residual saponin, which can give quinoa a bitter taste.
3. Add 2 cups of water to the rice cooker.
4. Close the lid of the rice cooker and turn it on.
5. The rice cooker will cook the quinoa for about 15 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on the make and model of your rice cooker.
6. When the timer on the rice cooker signals the end of the cooking time, the quinoa is ready.
7. Use a fork to fluff the quinoa and serve.
– To add flavor to the quinoa, try adding a tablespoon of butter, a pinch of salt and some herbs or spices to the water before cooking.
– You can also use vegetable or chicken broth instead of water for added flavor.
– If you want to use the quinoa for a cold salad or dish, you can rinse it with cold water after cooking to stop it from continuing to cook.
– To make a creamier quinoa, you can use a 1:2 quinoa to water ratio. This will give the quinoa a softer texture.