How To Cook Long Grain Rice
All you need to know about: How To Cook Long Grain Rice.
– 1 cup of long grain white rice
– 1 ½ cups of water
1. Begin by rinsing your rice. Place the rice in a strainer and rinse it under cold running water for several minutes. This is important as it helps to remove any dirt and debris from the rice.
2. Place the rice and water in a pot, and bring the contents to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. After 10 minutes, turn the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid. Let the rice cook for an additional 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and fluff the rice with a fork. Allow the rice to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
– The ratio of rice to water is important for perfect long grain rice. For every cup of long grain white rice, you will need 1 ½ cups of water.
– After fluffing the rice with a fork, let the rice cool for 5 minutes before serving. This helps the grains to absorb any remaining liquid and will help to achieve a light, fluffy texture.