How To Cook Long Grain White Rice
All you need to know about: How To Cook Long Grain White Rice.
Instructions for Cooking Long Grain White Rice
Cooking white rice is a great way to easily add a side dish to any meal. Long grain white rice has a light, fluffy texture and a mild flavor that pairs well with a variety of dishes. With just a few simple steps, you can have a delicious side dish in no time.
– 1 cup long grain white rice
– 2 cups water
– 2-quart pot with lid
– measuring cup
– strainer or colander
1. Measure 1 cup of long grain white rice into a 2-quart pot on the stovetop.
2. Pour 2 cups of water into the pot with the rice.
3. Place the lid on the pot and bring the water to a boil.
4. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the rice simmer for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, turn off the heat and let the rice sit in the pot for an additional 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes, remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.
7. If the rice is too moist, you can place the lid back on the pot and let it sit for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Transfer the cooked rice to a strainer or colander and rinse it with cold water.
9. Serve the cooked long grain white rice hot.
– You can use vegetable or chicken broth instead of water to add extra flavor to the rice.
– If you like al dente rice, reduce the cooking time to 15 minutes.
– To keep cooked rice from drying out, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Following these simple instructions and tips, you can have delicious long grain white rice in no time. Enjoy!