How To Cook Brown Jasmine Rice
All you need to know about: How To Cook Brown Jasmine Rice.
– 2 cups of brown jasmine rice
– 4 cups of water
1. Begin by washing the brown jasmine rice in a strainer. Place the rice in the strainer and run cold water over it. Use your hands to swirl the rice in the strainer. This will help to remove any dirt and debris that may be on the rice.
2. Next, bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized pot. Once the water has reached a rolling boil, add the 2 cups of brown jasmine rice. Stir the rice with a spoon to make sure it is evenly distributed in the pot.
3. Once the rice has been added to the boiling water, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid. Allow the rice to cook for about 25 minutes, or until the grains are tender and fluffy.
4. Once the rice is cooked, remove the pot from the heat and fluff the rice with a fork. Serve the brown jasmine rice hot. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
– For extra flavor, try adding a pinch of salt to the boiling water before adding the rice.
– To add a bit of color to the rice, try adding a tablespoon of olive oil to the boiling water before adding the rice.
– Other seasonings, such as garlic powder, onion powder, or dried herbs, can also be added to the boiling water before adding the rice.
– If you are looking for a healthier option, try using a low-sodium or no-salt-added broth instead of plain water.
– For a vegan option, try adding a tablespoon of vegetable oil to the boiling water before adding the rice.