How To Cook Brown Basmati Rice
All you need to know about: How To Cook Brown Basmati Rice.
1. 1 cup of Brown Basmati Rice
2. 2 cups of water
3. ½ teaspoon of salt (optional)
1. Rinse the rice in a bowl or pot.
2. Add the rinsed rice, water, and salt (optional) to a pot or saucepan.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
4. Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid.
5. Allow the rice to simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
6. Once the rice is cooked, remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.
7. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
1. For softer rice, add more water.
2. For firmer rice, add less water.
3. To prevent sticking, add a tablespoon of oil or butter to the pot.
4. Make sure to use a lid that fits tightly on the pot to prevent steam from escaping.
5. For extra flavor, add a bouillon cube or other herbs and spices.
6. Leftover cooked rice can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.