How To Cook Pork Belly For Ramen
All you need to know about: How To Cook Pork Belly For Ramen.
What You Will Need
– 2 pounds of pork belly
– 2 tablespoons of white sugar
– 2 tablespoons of sake
– 1 tablespoon of shio-koji
– 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons of mirin
– 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 4 cups of water
1. Cut the pork belly into 1-inch cubes.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the white sugar, sake, shio-koji, soy sauce, mirin, and sesame oil.
3. Add the pork belly cubes to the marinade and mix until the cubes are evenly coated. Cover the bowl and let the cubes marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat.
5. Add the pork belly cubes to the pot and cook until they are golden brown.
6. Add the marinade to the pot along with the water.
7. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer the pork belly for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
8. Remove the pork belly from the pot and let cool.
9. Once cooled, the pork belly cubes can be added to ramen. Enjoy!