How To Cook Canned Yams
All you need to know about: How To Cook Canned Yams.
Preparing Canned Yams
Canned yams are a convenient and tasty way to enjoy the sweet flavor of yams all year round. Yams are a starchy root vegetable that are rich in vitamins and minerals, and they have a sweet, slightly nutty flavor. Yams can be prepared in a variety of ways, including boiled, baked, mashed, or fried. When using canned yams, the cooking process is simple and easy.
What You Will Need
– 1 can of yams
– 2 tablespoons of butter, margarine, or oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
2. Drain the liquid from the can of yams and transfer the yams to an oven-safe baking dish.
3. Dot the top of the yams with butter, margarine, or oil.
4. Sprinkle the yams with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the yams are heated through.
Once cooked, the yams can be served as a side dish to accompany your favorite main course. Yams are delicious when served with roasted chicken, steak, or fish. You can also top the yams with brown sugar and marshmallows for a sweet and savory dish. Enjoy!