What do you want to cook today?
How To Cook Candy Yams
All you need to know about: How To Cook Candy Yams.
– 4 large sweet potatoes
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 1/2 cup of maple syrup
– 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 cup of brown sugar
– 1/4 cup of chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes.
3. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until they are soft.
4. Once the sweet potatoes are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
5. Peel the skin off of the sweet potatoes and mash them in a bowl.
6. Add the butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the mashed sweet potatoes and stir until all the ingredients are combined.
7. Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish.
8. Sprinkle the brown sugar and pecans on top of the candy yams.
9. Bake the candy yams for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
10. Let the candy yams cool for 10 minutes before serving.