How To Cook Brisket In A Smoker
All you need to know about: How To Cook Brisket In A Smoker.
Preparing The Brisket
1. Choose a brisket that is of good quality and at least 3 lbs. in size. Trim the fat from the outside of the brisket to about ¼ inch thick.
2. Generously season the brisket with a dry rub. Make sure to cover all sides of the brisket.
Smoking The Brisket
1. Place the brisket on the smoker and smoke for 1 hour at 230°F.
2. Reduce the temperature to 200°F and smoke for an additional 5 hours.
3. After 5 hours of smoking, wrap the brisket in foil and return it to the smoker. Smoke for an additional 2-3 hours at 200°F.
4. At this point, the brisket is done. The internal temperature should be about 190°F.
Serving The Brisket
1. Remove the brisket from the smoker and let it rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
2. Slice the brisket against the grain and serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!