How To Cook Bratwurst On The Stove
All you need to know about: How To Cook Bratwurst On The Stove.
Bratwurst On The Stove
Cooking bratwurst on the stove is an easy and delicious way to feed a crowd. With the right technique, you can enjoy juicy and flavorful bratwurst any time. Here’s what you need to know to make the perfect bratwurst on the stove.
What You Need
Before you get started, make sure you have the following tools and ingredients:
• Onions (optional)
• Potatoes (optional)
• Beer or water
• Butter or oil
• Salt and pepper
• Stovetop pan
1. Start by prepping your bratwurst. If you’re using fresh bratwurst, prick it with a fork to allow the steam to escape. If you’re using precooked bratwurst, there’s no need to prick it.
2. Heat your stovetop pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, you can add butter or oil.
3. Place the bratwurst in the pan and cook for about 15 minutes, flipping them occasionally.
4. If you’re adding onions and potatoes to the pan, add them after the bratwurst has cooked for about 10 minutes. Cook for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. When the bratwurst is cooked through and the onions and potatoes are tender, add beer or water to the pan. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve the bratwurst with your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!