How To Cook Black Beans On Stove
All you need to know about: How To Cook Black Beans On Stove.
1 cup of black beans
2 cups of water
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: garlic, cumin, onion, and any other seasonings of your choice
1. Soak the beans: Place the beans in a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak the beans overnight or for at least 8 hours. After soaking, drain and rinse the beans.
2. Prepare the pot: Place the beans in a medium-sized pot. Add 2 cups of water and any seasonings of your choice.
3. Cook the beans: Bring the pot to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with a lid, and simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours.
4. Check for tenderness: After 1 to 1.5 hours, the beans should be tender. If they are not, continue to cook for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Season to taste: Once the beans are cooked, season with salt and pepper to taste. You can also add a little garlic or cumin for additional flavor.
Tips and Tricks:
– Adding a few tablespoons of oil to the pot can help prevent the beans from sticking to the bottom.
– Adding some diced onion or garlic to the pot while the beans are cooking can add additional flavor.
– If you are using canned beans, you can skip the soaking step and just cook the beans for 15 to 20 minutes.
– For a creamier texture, mash some of the beans with a fork or potato masher before serving.
– Leftover beans can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.