How To Cook Black Eye Peas
All you need to know about: How To Cook Black Eye Peas.
How To Cook Black Eyed Peas
Black eyed peas are a delicious and nutritious staple food that can be cooked in a variety of ways. The trick is to make sure they are cooked just right so that they are not too soft or too hard. Here’s a simple guide to cooking black eyed peas that you can use to create a delicious and nutritious meal.
-1 cup dry black eyed peas
-2 cups of water
-1 teaspoon of salt
-1 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Rinse the black eyed peas in a strainer and discard any debris or rocks.
2. Place the black eyed peas in a pot and add the water.
3. Bring the peas to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
4. Simmer the black eyed peas for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the salt and black pepper and stir.
6. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the peas are tender but still have some texture.
7. Drain the black eyed peas and serve.
Black eyed peas can be served as a side dish, added to salads, or used in soups and stews. They can also be mashed and served as a dip, or combined with other vegetables and grains for a hearty meal.
For a classic Southern dish, combine cooked black eyed peas with cooked collard greens, diced onions, and bacon. Serve with cornbread or biscuits for a delicious and nutritious meal.
No matter how you choose to serve them, black eyed peas are a nutritious and versatile food that can be enjoyed all year round.