How To Cook Bacon On The Stovetop
All you need to know about: How To Cook Bacon On The Stovetop.
1. Begin by prepping your bacon. Cut into whatever size pieces you prefer. If using thick-cut bacon, you may want to cut it in half or thirds.
2. Place the bacon into a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-low heat.
3. Cook the bacon slowly, turning it occasionally, until it is browned and crisp. Depending on the size of your pieces, this will take about 10-15 minutes.
4. Once the bacon is cooked to your desired crispness, remove it to a paper-towel lined plate.
5. Pour off all but about 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat from the skillet.
6. Carefully place the bacon back into the skillet and cook over medium-high heat until it is very crispy and crunchy. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
7. Remove the bacon from the skillet and place it on a paper-towel lined plate.
– To reduce spattering when cooking bacon on the stovetop, cover the skillet with a lid while cooking over medium-low heat.
– If you would like to add some extra flavor to the bacon, try adding a sprinkle of your favorite herbs or spices before cooking.
– For extra crispy bacon, try preheating your skillet with a bit of oil before adding the bacon.
– If you don’t want to use bacon fat, you can substitute butter or olive oil.
– Once the bacon is cooked, you can save the bacon fat for future use. Just let it cool and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.