How To Cook A Live Lobster
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Live Lobster.
– 1 live lobster
– A large pot
– Kitchen tongs
– A sharp knife
– A large bowl
– Butter (optional)
1. Fill a large pot with 4 quarts of cold water and 3 tablespoons of salt. Place the pot on the stove and turn the heat on high.
2. When the water has come to a rolling boil, place the lobster in the water with the kitchen tongs.
3. Allow the lobster to cook in the boiling water for 8-10 minutes. The lobster should be bright red when it is done cooking.
4. Remove the lobster from the boiling water and place it in a large bowl filled with cold water.
5. Place the lobster on a cutting board and twist off the tail and claws using kitchen tongs.
6. Using a sharp knife, cut the body of the lobster in half lengthwise.
7. Remove the stomach sac and discard.
8. Crack the claws and tail and remove the meat.
9. Enjoy the lobster meat with melted butter (optional).