How To Cook A Duck
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Duck.
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. With a sharp knife, make cuts in the skin of the duck in a cross-hatch pattern. Be careful not to cut through the meat.
3. Rub the duck with a mixture of salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings.
4. Place the duck in a roasting pan, with the breast side facing up.
5. Place the duck in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Flip the duck over and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
7. Turn the oven up to 400°F, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
8. Remove the duck from the oven, and let it rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Tips for Cooking a Duck
1. To help render the fat from the duck, you can prick the skin with a fork before cooking.
2. If desired, you can place a few sprigs of fresh herbs, such as rosemary or thyme, in the roasting pan before placing the duck in the oven.
3. To ensure even cooking, you can baste the duck with the fat in the roasting pan every 20 minutes.
4. To enhance the flavor of the duck, you can brush it with a glaze of honey and mustard before cooking.