How To Cook Lamb Shanks
All you need to know about: How To Cook Lamb Shanks.
• 4 lamb shanks
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, oregano, etc.)
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 carrot, chopped
• 1 celery stalk, chopped
• 2 cups beef stock
• 1/4 cup red wine
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Season the lamb shanks with salt and pepper, and add them to the skillet. Brown the shanks on all sides, about 5 minutes per side.
4. Transfer the shanks to a large roasting pan.
5. In the same skillet, add the herbs, garlic, onion, carrot and celery, and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
6. Pour in the beef stock and red wine, and bring to a simmer.
7. Pour the mixture over the shanks.
8. Cover the roasting pan with a lid or aluminum foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until the shanks are very tender.
9. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or your favorite side dish.