How To Cook A Spiral Ham In The Oven
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Spiral Ham In The Oven.
1 spiral-cut ham, approximately 5 to 7 pounds
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 cup of dijon mustard
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C).
2. Place the spiral-cut ham in a roasting pan, fat side up.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard, brown sugar, and cloves until well combined.
4. Brush the honey-mustard mixture over the ham.
5. Cover the ham with foil and place it in the preheated oven.
6. Bake the ham for 1 1/2 hours.
7. Remove the foil from the ham and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes.
8. Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
– If desired, you can also add a few drops of pineapple juice to the honey-mustard mixture for added flavor.
– If the glaze starts to burn while baking, you can add a few tablespoons of water to the pan to prevent it from scorching.
– For a crispier glaze, you can broil the ham for the last few minutes of baking time.