How To Cook Corned Beef Brisket
All you need to know about: How To Cook Corned Beef Brisket.
1 corned beef brisket (about 4 to 5 pounds)
1 large onion, diced
2 large carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons pickling spice
2 bay leaves
2 cups chicken or beef broth
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large roasting pan, combine the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, sugar, pickling spice, bay leaves, and broth.
3. Place the corned beef brisket in the center of the pan.
4. Cover the pan tightly with foil.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for three hours.
6. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the brisket reaches 165 degrees F.
7. Let the brisket rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Corned beef brisket is delicious served with roasted potatoes, carrots, and onions, or with mashed potatoes and gravy. It’s also delicious when served with a side of coleslaw and rye bread.