How To Cook Corned Beef And Cabbage
All you need to know about: How To Cook Corned Beef And Cabbage.
2-3 lbs Corned Beef
1 head of Cabbage, cut into wedges
2-3 Carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
3-4 Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2-3 Bay leaves
1-2 teaspoons of Mustard Seeds
2-3 cloves of Garlic, minced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the corned beef in a large roasting pan and fill it with enough water to cover the beef by 1-2 inches.
3. Add the bay leaves and mustard seeds to the water.
4. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil and place in the oven.
5. Bake for 2-3 hours, or until the beef is tender.
6. After the beef has cooked for 2-3 hours, add the carrots, potatoes, cabbage, garlic and any additional seasonings to the roasting pan.
7. Stir everything together, cover with the lid or aluminum foil, and bake for an additional 30-45 minutes.
8. Once the vegetables are tender, remove the roasting pan from the oven.
9. Slice the corned beef and serve it with the vegetables.
– If the beef is too salty, rinse it with cold water before adding it to the roasting pan.
– If you’d like a more flavorful corned beef, add a few tablespoons of pickling spice to the water before baking.
– If you don’t have a lid for the roasting pan, you can use aluminum foil to cover the pan.