How To Cook A Butterball Turkey
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Butterball Turkey.
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C).
2. Remove the giblets and neck from the inside of the turkey before roasting. You may save these for making gravy or stock.
Preparing the Turkey for Roasting
3. Rinse the turkey in cold water and then pat it dry with paper towels.
4. Rub butter over the entire surface of the turkey.
5. Sprinkle salt, pepper and your favorite herbs over the entire surface of the turkey.
Roasting the Turkey
6. Place the turkey in a roasting pan, breast side up.
7. Place the roasting pan on the middle rack of the preheated oven.
8. Roast the turkey for about 15 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature of the turkey is 165°F (74°C).
Basting the Turkey
9. Every 30 minutes, baste the turkey with the juices in the bottom of the roasting pan.
10. If the juices seem to evaporate too quickly, add a ½ cup of water or chicken broth to the pan.
Resting the Turkey
11. When the turkey is done roasting, remove it from the oven and let it rest for at least 20 minutes before carving. This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the turkey.