How To Cook A 13 Lb Turkey
All you need to know about: How To Cook A 13 Lb Turkey.
13 lb turkey
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 °F.
2. Place the turkey in a roasting pan and brush with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle the turkey with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place the turkey in the preheated oven and roast for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
5. Remove from oven and let the turkey rest for 20 minutes before carving.
1. Make sure to check the turkey’s temperature at the thickest part of the breast, thigh and wing.
2. For a crispier skin, brush with melted butter instead of olive oil.
3. To ensure even cooking, rotate the roasting pan every 45 minutes.
4. Add vegetables to the roasting pan for additional flavor.