How To Cook Chuck Steak
All you need to know about: How To Cook Chuck Steak.
1 1/2 to 2 lbs chuck steak
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup beef broth
1/4 cup red wine
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the steak to the skillet and cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
5. Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside.
6. Add the butter to the skillet and melt.
7. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
8. Add the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, beef broth, red wine, tomato sauce, oregano, and thyme.
9. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
10. Return the steak to the skillet and spoon some of the sauce over the steak.
11. Place the skillet in the preheated oven and cook until the steak is cooked to your liking, about 20 minutes for medium-rare.
12. Remove the steak from the skillet and let rest for 5 minutes.
13. Slice the steak and serve with additional sauce on the side. Enjoy!