How To Cook A Steak In An Iron Skillet
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Steak In An Iron Skillet.
– 1 steak (ribeye, sirloin, T-bone or any steak of your choice)
– 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
– Salt and pepper
– Optional: butter, garlic, thyme, and rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the cooking oil and allow it to heat up.
3. Once the oil is hot, place the steak in the skillet and season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Cook the steak for 3-4 minutes, or until it has reached your desired doneness. For medium-rare, an internal temperature of 135°F is ideal.
5. Flip the steak and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
6. Add butter, garlic, thyme, and rosemary (optional) to the skillet, and baste the steak with the pan juices.
7. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Once the steak has reached the desired doneness, remove it from the skillet and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
– For best results, use an iron skillet that is well seasoned.
– If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, you can finish the steak in the skillet over medium-low heat.
– Be sure not to overcook the steak.
– For an even more flavorful steak, marinate the steak in advance.