How To Cook Chuck Roast In Oven
All you need to know about: How To Cook Chuck Roast In Oven.
– 2 to 3 pounds beef chuck roast
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 1/2 cup beef broth
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper.
4. Place the chuck roast in the heated skillet and brown on all sides.
5. Once the roast is browned, remove it from the skillet and set aside.
6. Add the onion, garlic, thyme, and oregano to the skillet and cook until the onion is softened.
7. Add the tomato paste and beef broth and stir to combine.
8. Place the chuck roast back into the skillet and spoon the sauce over the top of the roast.
9. Cover the skillet with a lid or foil and place it in the preheated oven.
10. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the roast is fork-tender.
11. Remove the skillet from the oven and let the roast rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!