How To Cook A Rump Roast
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Rump Roast.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
2. Place the rump roast in a roasting pan.
3. Rub the roast with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast the rump roast in the preheated oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C).
5. Remove the roast from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
1. For extra flavor, add herbs and spices to the rub, such as rosemary, thyme, garlic, or onion powder.
2. If the roast is large, it may take longer than 1 hour and 15 minutes to cook. To check the internal temperature, insert a meat thermometer into the center of the roast.
3. To add moisture to the roast, add a few tablespoons of beef broth or water to the bottom of the roasting pan.
4. For a crispier crust, increase the oven temperature to 375°F (191°C).
5. Letting the roast rest is important as it allows the juices to redistribute throughout the roast.