How To Cook A Potato On The Stove
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Potato On The Stove.
1. Start by selecting a medium-sized potato. It is best to choose a potato that is firm and has smooth skin. Avoid potatoes that have soft spots or deep wrinkles.
2. Rinse the potato and scrub it with a brush to remove dirt and debris. Rinse again, then dry the potato with a clean kitchen towel.
3. Prick the potato with a fork or a knife to make small holes in the skin. This will allow steam to escape while cooking.
4. Place the potato in a pot with one cup of cold water and bring it to a boil over high heat.
5. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the potato for 15 to 20 minutes until it is tender.
6. Once the potato is tender, remove it from the pot and let it cool for a few minutes.
7. Peel the skin off the potato and serve.
• For best results, use a pot with a lid to trap steam and help cook the potato more evenly.
• If you do not have a pot with a lid, you can cover the pot with aluminum foil.
• You can also cook potatoes in the microwave. Simply place the potato in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes.
• You can add a small amount of butter, oil, or other seasonings to the potato before or after cooking.