How To Cook A Pork Shoulder Roast
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Pork Shoulder Roast.
– 4-5 pound pork shoulder roast
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons of your favorite rub mix
– 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
– 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
– 2 cups of chicken or beef stock
– 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
3. Rub the pork shoulder roast with the rub mix, salt, and pepper.
4. Place the pork shoulder roast into the hot Dutch oven, and brown on all sides.
5. Pour the stock into the Dutch oven.
6. Cover the Dutch oven and place it into the preheated oven.
7. Roast for about 3-4 hours, or until the pork is tender and falls apart easily.
8. Remove the Dutch oven from the oven, and transfer the roast to a cutting board.
9. Cut or shred the pork, and return it to the Dutch oven.
10. Add the BBQ sauce to the Dutch oven, stirring to coat the pork.
11. Simmer the pork in the BBQ sauce for about 10-15 minutes.
12. Serve the pork with the remaining sauce.
– You can use a pork butt roast instead of a pork shoulder roast if desired.
– If you prefer, you can also use your favorite BBQ sauce instead of making your own.
– If you’d like a crispier finish, place the pork under the broiler for a few minutes before serving.