How To Cook Barley
All you need to know about: How To Cook Barley.
1 cup barley
3 cups water
1. Begin by rinsing the barley in a fine mesh strainer to remove any dirt or debris.
2. Add the rinsed barley to a pot and pour in the water.
3. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let the barley simmer for 30-45 minutes, or until the barley is tender and cooked through.
4. Once the barley is cooked, strain any excess water off and transfer the barley to a bowl.
5. Serve the cooked barley hot, with butter or other seasonings if desired.
– Use 2 parts liquid to 1 part barley for a softer, creamier texture.
– For a chewier texture, use 1 part liquid to 1 part barley.
– To reduce cooking time, soak the barley overnight before cooking.
– Add barley to salads, soups, stews, and more for a nutty flavor and chewy texture.