How To Cook A Prime Rib In The Oven
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Prime Rib In The Oven.
– Prime rib roast
– Olive oil
– Kosher salt
– Freshly cracked black pepper
– Garlic cloves, minced
– Any other favorite seasonings
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
2. Pat the prime rib dry with paper towels.
3. Rub the prime rib roast all over with olive oil.
4. Generously season all sides and edges of the roast with kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and minced garlic cloves.
5. Place the roast on a roasting pan, fat side up.
6. Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
7. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F and continue to cook the roast until the desired doneness is reached (see below for cooking times).
8. Once desired doneness is reached, remove the roast from the oven and let it rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
– Rare: 125-130°F (about 20-25 minutes per pound)
– Medium-Rare: 130-135°F (about 25-30 minutes per pound)
– Medium: 135-145°F (about 30-35 minutes per pound)
– Well Done: 145°F and above (about 35 minutes per pound, or longer)