How To Cook Ham In The Oven
All you need to know about: How To Cook Ham In The Oven.
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (162°C).
2. Place the ham in a roasting pan with a lid or in a covered oven-proof dish.
3. Brush the ham with a glaze or a mix of your favorite seasonings and herbs.
4. Place the lid on the pan or secure the foil to the pan.
5. Bake the ham for approximately 20 minutes per pound or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F (60°C).
6. Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
1. To prevent the ham from drying out, baste it with a mixture of butter and honey or a combination of your favorite seasonings and herbs.
2. If the ham is too salty, soak it in cold water for several hours before roasting.
3. To keep your ham from sticking to the pan, line the bottom of the roasting pan with parchment paper.
4. For added flavor, add a few cloves of garlic, a few sprigs of rosemary, or other herbs and spices to the glaze or the liquid in the pan.
5. The ham can be served hot or cold. If serving cold, store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.