How To Cook A Honey Baked Ham
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Honey Baked Ham.
– 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7-10 pounds)
– 3/4 cup honey
– 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
– 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
– 1/4 cup cider vinegar
– 1 tablespoon ground cloves
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Line a roasting pan with heavy duty aluminum foil and place the ham in it.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together honey, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, cloves, nutmeg and allspice.
4. Spread the mixture evenly over the ham.
5. Place the roasting pan on the center rack of the preheated oven.
6. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the ham reaches 140°F, basting the ham every 30 minutes with the pan juices.
7. Remove the ham from the oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
– To keep the ham from drying out, add 1/2 cup of water or apple juice to the roasting pan.
– For a sweet and spicy glaze, mix together 1/2 cup of honey, 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper.
– To give the ham a savory flavor, add 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder to the glaze.