How To Cook A Ham In A Crock Pot
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Ham In A Crock Pot.
1. Place the ham in the crock pot. If the ham is too large for the crock pot, cut it in half and place it in the pot.
2. Add enough water to the crock pot to cover the ham.
3. Turn the crock pot to the low setting and allow the ham to cook for 6-8 hours.
4. When the ham is done cooking, remove it from the crock pot and place it on a baking sheet.
5. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Mix together 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of honey.
7. Spread the mixture over the ham, making sure to cover the entire surface.
8. Bake the ham in the oven for 30 minutes or until the glaze is bubbling and golden brown.
9. Remove the ham from the oven and allow it to cool before serving.
– You can substitute the honey and brown sugar glaze with a mustard and brown sugar glaze.
– If you want to add a little more flavor to the ham, add a few cloves of garlic, a few sprigs of rosemary, or a few slices of onion to the water in the crock pot before cooking the ham.
– The cooking time for the ham can vary depending on the size and type of ham. If the ham is not fully cooked after 6-8 hours on the low setting, continue to cook until it is finished.