How To Cook A Ham Butt
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Ham Butt.
1 5-7 pound ham butt
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Place the ham butt in a large roasting pan with the fat side up and cover it with aluminum foil.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until a meat thermometer reads 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the orange juice, cider vinegar, water, brown sugar, honey, ginger and cloves.
5. When the ham has cooked for 2 hours, baste it with the orange juice mixture and return it to the oven.
6. Baste the ham with the orange juice mixture every 15 minutes, until the ham has cooked for 2 1/2 hours.
7. Remove the ham from the oven and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!