How To Cook Rice In A Slow Cooker
All you need to know about: How To Cook Rice In A Slow Cooker.
– 2 cups of long grain white rice
– 2 ½ cups of chicken or vegetable broth or water
– 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil (optional)
1. Start by rinsing the rice in a mesh strainer. Make sure to rinse the rice until the water runs clear. This step is important because it removes any excess starch from the rice and will make it easier to work with in the slow cooker.
2. Add the rinsed rice to the slow cooker and pour in the broth or water. If desired, you can also add in the butter or olive oil (this will make the end product more flavorful).
3. Stir the ingredients together and put the lid on the slow cooker.
4. Turn the slow cooker on to the low setting and cook for 3-4 hours.
5. After the rice is done cooking, remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.
The rice is now ready to be served. Add any desired seasonings or toppings and enjoy!